Sunday, September 14, 2003

I had another episode again last night. It had been a few months and it rather took me by suprise. The boys and I went out to a number of popular bars and drank heavily. I remember drinking a lot of six dollar beers, smoking a joint in someone's car, and taking some pills in a bathroom (But I think this is completely unrelated to my episode). I got home somehow and thought that I should make a phonecall. I reached for my Motorola T-720 mobile phone but accidently picked up my Gameboy Advance SP instead. I stared at it in confusion, feeling completely nauseaus and not understanding why it was in my hand. I placed it back on the desk and picked up my Sony RZ-900 minidisc recorder and placed it up to my head as if I was about to speak into it. I became more confused and grew annoyed. Minutes later I was sitting cross-legged on my bedroom floor, surrounded by my numerous consumer electronics. I became frantic, desperately trying to figure out which one was my cell phone and what I wanted to do with it. Everything looked the same, performed the same function. Small, Japanese, efficient. Cost $179.99, $280.00, $99.99, $499.99. Before I knew it, tears of frustration were running down my cheeks as I tried cramming Gameboy cartridges into my Nikon Coolpix 700 digital camera, then eventually into my cell phone. The phone snapped in half and I laughed. My tears stopped. I shoved all of my electronics into a corner next to my nightstand and went into the kitchen to make a protein shake. Tired and runny-nosed, I stayed up for another four hours bidding on toys from my childhood on Ebay.

No comments: