Thursday, September 25, 2003

Another bad day at work. I don't know why I've been in such a slump lately. But nothing has brought me joy all week. I had a brilliant idea today in the bathroom, while examining myself in the mirror after taking a piss. I noticed a large dry booger in my nose, and I picked at it, but decided to not take it completely out of my nose. Grinning at myself in the mirror, with the booger slightly protruding from my nose, made me feel something. It was a feeling of joy, the first I'd felt in days. I left the bathroom, booger in place, trying hard not to laugh. I walked around the office, making a point to talk to as many people as possible...asking them some useless bullshit question about the so and so project or account, all while keeping a serious face. No one said a thing. The best part was the forcefully sober look on each one of my co-worker's faces. And how awkward and tense it was. So many weird pauses and fumbling for words, and nervous laughter, eyes darting everywhere. After I grew bored of wasting everybody's time with my booger, I picked it out of my nose and smeared it on the "3" button on the fax machine dialpad. The rest of the day was a test in self-control, trying not to break out in giggles.

I am such a coward.

No comments: